The The Louisiana Foster and Adoptive Parent Association is a 501©3 nonprofit organization that was created to serve foster parents, adoptive parents and the children in their care. We are led by a Board of Directors consisting of foster/adoptive parents from across the state.
Mission: To empower foster and adoptive parents and the children in their care by providing communication, support, training, and advocacy services.
Vision: The vision of LFAPA is that every foster and adoptive family in Louisiana has a support system to call upon to strengthen family relationships, restore enthusiasm, and to create a sense of empowerment when parenting a foster or adopted child.
- All children and families shall be treated with dignity and respect
- Foster and adoptive parents provide safe, nurturing environment for Louisiana’s children
- We will promote respectful relationships between biological, foster, and adoptive families and human service agencies
- All biological, foster and adoptive parents need and deserve support in parenting children and youth
- We will help provide and encourage training and education of foster and adoptive parents
- Foster and adoptive parents are the best advocates for the children and families we serve
- We promise to have a financially viable and accountable