Louisiana Advocacy Support Team
This LFAPA Program provides a toll free phone number to all foster and adoptive parents who may be experiencing difficulty with the children in their care or with the placing agency. L.A.S.T. volunteers are foster parents who receive ongoing training so they can help other foster parents deal with allegations and other questions.
The goals of L.A.S.T. are to:
- Retain quality foster homes
- Provide immediate moral and technical support to foster families at the threat of allegations or neglect
- Provide information about the investigation process
- Advocates to improve Child Protection and Child Welfare policy
- Provide a training assessment tool to give foster parents the training they need to parent defensively.
This project is endorsed and funded by the Department of Children & Family Services